Faversham Literary Festival, St Mary of Charity Church




The bestselling author, Tristan Gooley, writes books on how to navigate using the things we see around us in nature.  The first book I bought was "The Walker's Guide to Outdoor Clues and Signs".  It adds another dimension to any walk in the countryside.  You'll read about the different plants that grow in shade or sun, what makes that lump in the woodland long after a tree has fallen and died and to look at the sky for clues to changes in the weather that are on the way.

The second book I bought and have only just started reading, was "The Hidden Seasons".  So when I discovered that he was going to be in Faversham in February to give a talk and introduce this book, it was an easy decision to go and hear from the man himself.

For someone who has travelled the world, and broken world records, he's humble and self-effacing with an easy way of enthusing you with his own passion for the natural world.  And he signed my copy of his book, thank you!

The UK's oldest brewery who sponsor the event.
  










Comments